Sunday, August 8, 2010

Provocative

I have to write…I have to get this boiling pot of passion off the stove and into a strainer! I can’t believe that the scrumptious word PROVOCATIVE escaped me! It was never invited onto the ruby red, satin sheets of my torrid love affair with everything wine and cuisine, until now. This handsome word is so powerful and still subtle, sophisticated and sensual; so much like the friend who used it when describing my blog.

Provocative is defined as suggestive, tempting, stimulating, exciting, inviting, sexy, arousing, seductive, alluring and tantalizing. I secretly want to believe my friend thinks that I am provocative too….shhh

I am captivated by cuisine, wine and tonight by the word provocative. I love being rapt; it ignites such a fire in me. Being spellbound is exhilarating and reminds me of the early stages when we flirt in a relationship. I think of those first glances, taking in the scent's and aromas of each other, privately our hearts are racing, distracted with thoughts of griping passion, ongoing glances to each other with naughty intentions...an arousing menu that demands your attention, a masterpiece of foie in my mouth (ohhhh Jason at Crush Seattle you make me melt), the shared passion when having a 10 course meal with a chef, a power play in love making, a solo or shared moment of intoxicating pleasure…it's all so intense and is really endless for me. I just close my eyes and I go there, where I hope you are right now while reading my blog. It's all so satisfying and delicious...so satisfying, right?

Intimacy is like that, it is so private and yet you want to share it, you want it to be understood… we all want to be understood.

We all have triggers that ignite our sensuality and I have realized how much I love Foie and that something about the possibilities of this dish drives me wild...it provokes passion in my soul. I will be exploring this erotic obsession I have with Foie Gras; stand by darlings for all the provocative details.

1 comment:

  1. Darling, we wait with baited breath, positively salivating at the thought. X

    ReplyDelete